Quantcast

search fucntion is working weirdly in thick client

12

Re: Dates in a SQL Query

Grooms, Frederick W
**
Create 2 Display Only Integer fields on your form   (zInt1 and zInt2)

Set zInt1 = $Start Date$
Set zInt2 = $End Date$

Then use the 2 Integer fields in your SQL

Fred

Re: Dates in a SQL Query

Kemes, Lisa
**
Thanks Fred!

One more question, this is a display form, other than "Lose Focus" what other "Execute On" value can I use to show that one of the date fields have changed?

Lisa

__20060125_______________________This posting was submitted with HTML in it___ __20060125_______________________This posting was submitted with HTML in it___

Re: Dates in a SQL Query

Joe D'Souza
**
Smallest interval (3 seconds)?

One more question, this is a display form, other than "Lose Focus" what other "Execute On" value can I use to show that one of the date fields have changed?

Lisa

__20060125_______________________This posting was submitted with HTML in it___ __20060125_______________________This posting was submitted with HTML in it___

Re: Dates in a SQL Query

Grooms, Frederick W
**
On DisplayOnly forms that generate reporting data I usually put a button called "Generate" on the form.  That way I can separate the report parameters from the output.

I know ... really old school ... but it works

Fred

One more question, this is a display form, other than "Lose Focus" what other "Execute On" value can I use to show that one of the date fields have changed?

Lisa

Mid Tier and SQL Commands

Kemes, Lisa
If I have an Active Link that is setting a field via a SQL command,
shouldn't this work in the Mid Tier?  Works fine with WUT.

I'm trying to get a COUNT of something:

SELECT count(Rint1) from TEIS_SURVEY_FINAL Where Submitter_Upper =
'$Administrator ID$' and TEIS_SURVEY_TYPE = '$Survey Type$'  AND
TEIS_SURVEY_NUMBER = '$Survey Number$'

We have Mid Tier 7.0.1 Patch 1 on a Windows 2003 server.  Our ARServer
is 6.3.

Lisa

Re: Mid Tier and SQL Commands

Kaiser, Norm E CIV USAF AFMC 96 CS/SCOKT
So is the field not getting set or is it throwing an error? Setting a
field via SQL should work.

I'd suggest you turn SQL logging on at the server, perform the action
that should fire the active link in the browser, then check the logs to
see what gets passed to the DB backend.

Re: Mid Tier and SQL Commands

Kemes, Lisa
Thanks so much....

I found out that it is a permission issue.  This does not work as well
in the WUT when I log on as "Guest"

Lisa

ARERR [342] Cannot find/open the directory file: 0

Kemes, Lisa
 I'm trying to push an attachment field to another form (with the same
Attachment Pool number and Attachment field number) via an Active Link.
I can do this with a Filter no problem, but when trying to do it through
an Active Link (via a push), I'm getting this error:  ARERR [342] Cannot
find/open the directory file: 0

I checked the ErrMsgsGuide for 6.3, but it really doesn't tell me much.

We are on Server 6.3, User 7.0.1 Patch 003, Sun Solaris.....

Lisa

Re: ARERR [342] Cannot find/open the directory file: 0

Heider, Stephen
Lisa,

I have experienced something like this before. The full path to the
attachment is stored in the ARS table.  When attempting to access it
from a computer that does not have the same drive letter and/or folder
structure it sometimes generates an error.

When attachments are saved to the form I run a process that removes the
path and only leaves the filename.

HTH

To see how filenames are stored run a SQL command on the base table, for
example: "SELECT TOP 10 * FROM B611"  where the primary table name is
T611.

Stephen

Re: ARERR [342] Cannot find/open the directory file: 0

Kemes, Lisa
Ugh!! Why IS that?

We don't update our oracle tables directly, everything is done through
the client, then the app server then Oracle.

I might log this with BMC to at least get an answer as to why they store
the full path?  Also, I don't get this error when I push this field via
a filter.

We had a problem before when someone overseas in Europe saved an
attachment in a record and everyone who opened that record had their
client crash on them.  It was because there was a European character in
the path of the attachment and the client is not Unicode.