Socket Error

Saurabh Mehta-2
**
Hi List,

I am facing a strange situation when I am trying to access remedy server. Details are:

1. When I am trying to access remedy server from the very same machine i am getting the following error (from both user client tool and admin tool)

"ARERR [90] Cannot establish a network connection to the AR System server : RMDV01 : RPC: Miscellaneous tli error - System error (Socket error - 10055)
 user: Demo,  server: RMDV01"

2. But when I am trying to access the same through some different machine I am able to access my remedy server without any issues.

Both the machine have client tools installation done by very same binary files. No errors at all there in installations log.

I am on ARS 7.1 running on a specific port with ITSM 7.0.3 on Windows Server 2003 EE, Microsoft SQL Server 2005.
Please suggest what i can do to resolve the same.

What I have tried till now:
1. Restart of services (some times it helps but only for few minutes)
2. Reinstallation of client tools in different drives
3. Removal of "arv and arf" files

But nothing seems to be resolving my problem.
Looking for your views.

Thanks
Saurabh
__Platinum Sponsor: www.rmsportal.com ARSlist: "Where the Answers Are" html___
DISCLAIMER:

Re: Socket Error

Mohan Panchangmath
Check to see if you don't have a preference server entered in the remedy login window of the problematic computer.
thanks,
 Mohan

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 14, 2008, at 7:26 AM, Saurabh Mehta <[hidden email]> wrote:

**
[...]

Looking for last minute shopping deals?
Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.  http://tools.search.yahoo.com/newsearch/category.php?category=shopping

Re: Socket Error

Saurabh Mehta-2
Hi Mohan,

Thanks for your reply. But, I do not have any preference server entered
in the login window.

Regards,
Saurabh

Mohan wrote:

> Check to see if you don't have a preference server entered in the remedy login window of the problematic computer.
> thanks,
>  Mohan
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Jan 14, 2008, at 7:26 AM, Saurabh Mehta <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> **
> Hi List,
>
> I am facing a strange situation when I am trying to access remedy server. Details are:
>
> 1. When I am trying to access remedy server from the very same machine i am getting the following error (from both user client tool and admin tool)
>
> "ARERR [90] Cannot establish a network connection to the AR System server : RMDV01 : RPC: Miscellaneous tli error - System error (Socket error - 10055)
>  user: Demo,  server: RMDV01"
>
> 2. But when I am trying to access the same through some different machine I am able to access my remedy server without any issues.
>
> Both the machine have client tools installation done by very same binary files. No errors at all there in installations log.
>
> I am on ARS 7.1 running on a specific port with ITSM 7.0.3 on Windows Server 2003 EE, Microsoft SQL Server 2005.
> Please suggest what i can do to resolve the same.
>
> What I have tried till now:
> 1. Restart of services (some times it helps but only for few minutes)
> 2. Reinstallation of client tools in different drives
> 3. Removal of "arv and arf" files
>
> But nothing seems to be resolving my problem.
> Looking for your views.
>
> Thanks
> Saurabh
> __Platinum Sponsor: www.rmsportal.com ARSlist: "Where the Answers Are" html___
> DISCLAIMER:
> The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) are confidential and intended for the named recipient(s) only.
> It shall not attach any liability on the originator or HCL or its affiliates. Any views or opinions presented in
> this email are solely those of the author and may not necessarily reflect the opinions of HCL or its affiliates.
> Any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and / or publication of
> this message without the prior written consent of the author of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have
> received this email in error please delete it and notify the sender immediately. Before opening any mail and

Re: Socket Error

john rosquist-2
**
RPC errors tend to be networking in nature.  Either you are having trouble seeing the remedy server or it is having trouble seeing the db server.

Try putting in the ip of the remedy server in the user/admin too in place if the server name. If it work, then look into your DNS resolution.

John Rosquist
Windward

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage. __Platinum Sponsor: www.rmsportal.com ARSlist: "Where the Answers Are" html___